I love hot coffee and can’t do without it. Getting up from work to reheat coffee makes me lose concentration.
I was looking for drinkware that would keep my coffee hot for as long as possible.
Recently I came across “Yeti” drinkware that is double insulated and creates a vacuum so drinks remain at the same temperature for a long time.
Excited, I decided to splurge and became an owner of Yeti stainless steel cup
I usually do all my dishes in the dishwasher as I have no time or interest in handwashing. Let us find out if Yeti cups are dishwasher safe.
Are Yeti Cups Dishwasher Safe?
Yes, Yeti cups, mugs, jugs, and tumblers are all dishwasher safe.
However, you need to keep a few things in mind for safely washing it inside your dishwasher.
Before 2015, the brand Yeti did not recommend dishwashing its drinkware. From 2015 onwards, Yeti has delighted its consumers by keeping pace with modern times.
All the drinkware is manufactured to be dishwasher safe.
Allow me to tell you all about cleaning Yeti cups. Following are the tips and precautions you need to take for dishwashing them effectively.
How to Clean Yeti Cups in a Dishwasher?
Yeti cups are an amazing innovation that keeps drinks at the same temperature for a far longer duration.
It has a sturdy 18/8 steel construction that enhances its durability. These are also “BPA” free, ensuring no harm to the health of consumers.
Follow the steps below to increase the lifespan of your Yeti cups :
- Remove the vacuum-sealed lid from your cup. Yeti lids can be easily dislodged from the body of the cup. It depends on the model design you have purchased.
- Some lids can be twisted off. The magnet slider lid needs to be slid off. You can do this by first sliding off the magnet. Then slowly, twist the lower magnet halfway horizontally. It will get dislodged. Remove the rubber cover from the lower magnet.
- If your lid is cap-shaped, remove the gaskets from the top and bottom of the ‘thread’ grooves.
- If your cup has a straw cap, flip-up, and remove the straw.
- The hotshot cap also works the same way. You need to twist the cap counter-clockwise until you hear two clicks. The inner cap will get removed. Remove gaskets from the top and bottom.
- If your cup has a straw cap, flip-up and remove the straw.
- For removing the gasket from the lid, just pinch it on either side with the help of two fingers. For most models, it easily pops off. In some models, the gasket lifts from the groove and needs to be removed with your fingers.
- You may need to use a small cleaning brush for thread grooves before placing the lid in the dishwasher. This will nicely remove any grime lodged inside
- Always place the cap wide open from the mouth on the top rack of the dishwasher away from intense heat. The gasket should be placed in the silverware utensil compartment of the dishwasher. The body of the cup can be placed anywhere in the mid or bottom rack of your dishwasher. As the cup is high-quality stainless steel, it can easily withstand high temperatures. It is a good idea to invert the cup upside down.
- Let all the pieces of your Yeti cup dry out. If you store without drying, there is a danger of fungal mold on the lid or the gasket. Your cup may also stink.
- For reassembling, the gasket with a larger circumference needs to be placed around the gasket with a smaller circumference. Place the upper magnet on the lid. Next goes in the gasket. Wrap the rubber cover around the lower magnet and place it back on the lid. For cap lids, place the gaskets back into position. Make sure the flat side faces upwards and the thread grooves face downwards for a smooth fit. The bigger gasket goes on the top thread while the smaller goes on the bottom thread. The flat side should be towards the cap.
For more detailed instructions regarding your specific model, go through the company’s website here.
Can I put the Lid of the Yeti Cup inside the Dishwasher?
Yes, you may place the lid of the Yeti cup inside the dishwasher. Just remember to place the lid on the top compartment of your dishwasher away from intense heat.
The body of the cup can be placed anywhere.
To avoid undue scratches that may happen while dishwashing, use mild soap and avoid frequent dishwashing exposure.
How Frequently Can I Use the Dishwasher for Cleaning Yeti Cups?
If you want your Yeti cup to last for long, I would recommend soaking the cup in a mild soapy solution and handwashing them.
The life span of your gasket will also increase if it is not frequently subjected to hot temperatures of the dishwasher.
You will also protect your cup from unforeseen scratches that may happen due to dishwashing.
You can use the dishwasher occasionally when your Yeti cup is really dirty. For stubborn stains soak the cup in baking soda and vinegar solution for half an hour.
Can I Place All Yeti Drinkware Inside the Dishwasher?
Yes, you can. All the Yeti products that have been manufactured from 2015 onwards are dishwasher safe.
These include mugs, jugs, tumblers, cups, and bottles.
How to Hand-Wash Yeti Cups?
Sometimes, there are not too many utensils for cleaning. Using a dishwasher just for Yeti cups is unreasonable at these times.
Let me tell you an easy and quick method to handwash your Yeti cups.
All you need to do is disassemble all the parts.
Make a warm soapy solution using mild soap and water in a large bowl or container. The brand advises against using any chemical-based cleaners, bleaches, or abrasives.
Soak all the Yeti cup parts in it for an hour. Half an hour is the minimum soaking time if you are in a hurry.
Alternatively, you could use really hot water for fifteen minutes if you are running short of time.
Rinse well with water. Place a paper towel or kitchen paper towel on the counter space and allow all the parts to dry out naturally. Reassemble and store.
How to Remove Tough Stains from Yet Cups?
If your Yeti cup is really dirty, there may be stubborn tea or coffee spots even after dishwashing and handwashing.
Follow any of the techniques below to remove them successfully :
- Try scrubbing with a stainless steel cleaner and hot water.
- Fill your cup with hot water. Dip in one Yeti deep cleaning tablet inside the water solution for 30 minutes. Rinse with water and mild scrub. You can also place the cup in the dishwasher for a thorough cleaning.
- For a natural cleaning, soak the cup in baking soda and vinegar solution
- You can also use baking soda and lemon or baking soda and hydrogen peroxide solution. Always use a 2:1 ratio
- After soaking for a while, use a soft sponge to remove the stains.
Here are some frequently asked questions :
What is a Yeti Cup made of?
Yeti cups are made of good quality 18/8 steel. The drinkware has a double-wall vacuum design.
This creates air-tight insulation. Your cold drink remains cold and hot drinks remain hot for the longest time possible.
They are rugged, durable, and long-lasting. Yeti cups are also easy to maintain and carry for travel. They are available in a variety of colors and sizes.
Do Yeti Cups come with a warranty?
The brand Yeti warrants most of its products and accessories with a five-year warranty for any defect in material or workmanship.
However, this warranty has a list of clauses. You should have purchased from an authorized Yeti dealer.
You need to use it according to the manufacturing booklet instructions. For more warranty information, read their webpage here.
What to Do if the Lid on Top of Yeti Cup is Stuck?
Never force open the lid of the Yeti Rambler. Your gasket can get damaged. A forceful opening may also cause serious injury to the people around.
The brand advises to never fill up to the brim any cold or hot liquid.
If it is frozen, let the ice melt and then attempt gently. If the lid starts to move, open it periodically to remove the pressure.
If the lid stays stuck, contact Yeti brand customer care and let the experts take care of it.
Yeti cups are a gift of science. I love the fact that they are double insulated. They remain cold on the outside while the drink inside remains hot.
The vacuum seal helps to keep the drink at the same temperature.
From 2015 onwards, all the manufactured Yeti cups are Dishwasher safe.
It is very easy to wash Yeti cups inside the dishwasher. You need to follow the steps above for safe and effective dishwashing.
I would personally recommend occasional dishwashing. For frequent cleaning, opt for handwashing. Use a warm and mild soapy solution and soak all the parts for an hour. Rinse dry and store.
You can also try baking soda and water solution, baking soda and hydrogen peroxide solution, or baking soda, lemon, and water solution to clean your Yeti cup.
For stubborn stains use any locally available stainless steel cleaner or deep cleaning Yeti tablets. Happy drinking from your Yeti cup!
Other articles you may also like: