We are a family of six and need big appliances to fulfill our needs. Ever since I have come across the air-fried crips at my friend’s place. I can’t stop thinking about owning the air fryer.
However, the air fryer I am looking for should be best for a large family.
I hate to cook in batches as it will eat up a lot of my time.
I decided to look into some of the best air fryers that will accommodate a lot of food in one go.
If you have a small family but often keep get-togethers at home, hopefully, you will find this useful.
What Is the Best Air Fryer for a Large Family?
If you want a quick reply, I have zeroed down on the top seven bestsellers after detailed research:
- Cosori Air fryer Toaster Oven– 26.4 Quart
- GoWise USA Air Fryer and Food Dehydrator – 17 Quart
- NUWAVE Brio Air Fryer Smart Oven – 15.5 Qt
- Silonn Air fryer Oven (family Choice Award winner 2022 by Family Magazine Group, Los Angeles)- 16Qt
- Kalorik MAXX Digital Air fryer Oven– 26 Qt
- Ultrean Air fryer Oven -12.5 Qt
- Ninja DZ401 Foodi – 10 Qt
I will be sharing with you a complete detailed version of the seven best air fryers I found suitable for large families.
But before that, let me tell you about the factors I considered before choosing the best air fryers for large families.
Things to Look Out for While Choosing Air fryers for Large Families
Here are a few things I kept on my priority list:
Size and Capacity
As far as size was concerned, I thought of air fryers that would sit well on the countertop, and not need an extra tabletop space.
I wasn’t so eager about a particular design. I wanted something with a big size and capacity.
So I began looking out for air fryers with a large capacity, preferably with more than 10 quarts up to 30 quarts.
I looked for a medium wattage, something that would fit the electrical socket requirement of most American homes.
My target was something from 1500-1800 watts, although I was ready to consider 1200 watts if the reviews were good.
A higher wattage gives quick results while a low wattage takes its sweet time. As an air fryer cooks fast compared to ovens and stovetops, the energy consumption would still be less.
Also read: Are there Low Watt Air Fryers?
Here I wasn’t so picky. There are two ways to control the temperature in the air fryer- digital control by pressing the + or – buttons, or a rotary Knob.
There are pros and cons to both but largely, they both give the freedom to enter preferred temperature settings.
I did notice, however, that digital increased or decreased to a set degree of jumps, while the rotary Knob gave the freedom to enter the exact temperature up to .05 degrees.
However, this isn’t a big deal as you can adjust the time duration accordingly.
A good standard Airfryer in the market was anywhere from 150 to 200 dollars.
This is the price range I decided on, as I didn’t want to splurge unnecessarily on the Airfryer. All I was looking at was a large air fryer with excellent cooking results.
Built-in presets and accessories are always a delight. If you are looking for an air fryer for your family, make sure to include variety and ease.
Built-in presets offer ease, something my teenage boys could figure out easily, with just a press of a button.
It would also free me from the need to enter specific temperatures and time durations.
There are a lot of options available. Some standard presets are poultry, fish, beef, fries, desserts, frozen, etc.
The accessories offer a variety of styles of cooking. I was considering adding variety to my family. There were a lot of accessories available – rotisserie, pizza, and baking accessories.
While looking for an air fryer for a large family, I gave preference to additional features like grilling, dehydrating, wifi, Bluetooth operations, and something that could double up as an Air Fryer or an oven.
After all, if it is big, it should also be ready to serve big. Here I mean that it should be fit for multipurpose usage.
Doubling up as few appliances in one, the Airfryer would justify the extra space and adjustments needed in the kitchen.
This one was actually on top of my list. Cleaning comfort is important as large air fryers would have a large cleaning area as well as large parts to clean.
I looked for dishwasher-safe options and also for easy cleaning air fryers.
One that would allow me to clean up quickly, without spending a lot of time scrubbing gunk.
The Top Seven Best Air Fryers for Large Families
Let us now look into specific details about the seven best Airfryers suitable for large families.
Cosori Air Fryer Toaster Oven 12-in-1 Convection Oven Countertop Combo
With a 26 quart/25 liters capacity, this large air fryer will meet large family requirements aptly.
- With 12-in-one functions, you get to try different styles of cooking like broil, bake, roast, air fry, toast, etc.
- It has six heat elements and two-speed fans. With a wide temperature range, you can go as high as 450F.
- The best thing is the VeSync app that you can download and operate the functions on your smartphone!
- You can also go hands-free by connecting your Airfryer to Amazon’s Alexa or Google assistance.
- It has a lot of accessories like a food tray, a basket, a wire rack, and a recipe manual. All the air fryer parts are non-stick and easy to clean.
- With a voltage requirement of 120V, 60Hz, it is fit for all American homes. It is also ETL listed.
- The operating system requires a learning curve. Simply said, it will take time to get a hang of the operating system.
GoWISE USA 17 Quart Air Fryer and Food Dehydrator
This 17 Quart Air Fryer is an excellent budget option for large families.
- This air fryer doubles up as a dehydrator. You can use it for making chips, fruits, granolas, and even whip up dehydrated meat treat for pets.
- With a wide temperature range of 90 to 400F and a wide time duration ranging from 1 min to 24 hours, cooking food is now your playground. You get to Air fry food from 1 to 60 mins ( at a temperature range of 90-400F), and dehydrate food for up to 24 hours ( at a temperature range of 90-170F).
- It has eight cooking presets so all you need to do is press the particular food button.
- You get two recipe books- one for air frying and one for dehydrating.
- It comes with five racks so you can cook in bulk at one go. The appliance also comes with 11 accessories.
- The air fryer is ETL listed, with 1800 Watts of power. The electrical switch requirements are 120V and 60Hz, suitable for American homes.
- It is slightly on the bulky side and can be difficult to store. The accessories need extra storage space in your cabinet.
NUWAVE Brio Air Fryer Smart Oven
This 15.5 Qt Airfryer comes with a rotisserie and a grill. It is an excellent option for large families.
- Brios smart digital controls give you instant results with a simple touch. You can set the temperature from a wide range starting from 50F up to 425F. Each increment is jumped with an addition or subtraction of five degrees.
- It has 100 preprogrammed menu presets allowing you to air fry, dehydrate, roast, grill, broil, bake, and defrost with the tip of your fingers.
- The air fryer has 50 memory slots where you can save your favorite recipes.
- It has an internal light so you can monitor the stages of cooking from outside.
- To prevent undercooking and overcooking, this Airfryer features a carryover cooking mode while the dish is resting.
- All the parts and accessories are made from good quality stainless steel- rack, tray, and rotisserie kit. It features four different rack positions. The grill griddle plate is made from premium non-stick material.
- The removable parts of the Airfryer are easy to clean and are dishwasher safe.
- The air fryer tends to overheat.
Silonn Air Fryer Oven 16Qt 21-in-1 Smart Air fryer Toaster Oven
This 16-quart capacity air fryer has found its way into my list by winning the 2022 family Choice awards from the family magazine group, Los Angeles (and also its good reviews on amazon).
- The Silonn Air fryer can double up as an oven and a toaster.
- It has a wide temperature range from 80-500F.
- It comes with a high power wattage of 1600 watts sufficient to roast, bake, and air fry.
- It comes with easy-to-clean accessories like a roast tray, broil rack, crumbs basket, air fry metal mesh basket, and baking tray. You also get a recipe book.
- It is made in China and has a small power cord.
Kalorik Maxx Digital Air fryer Oven
With a 26 Quarts capacity, this Airfryer is an absolute must for a house full of people.
- It features 21 presets allowing you to cook with just a press of a button
- You can remove all the other appliances in your kitchen. It can bake, broil, dehydrate, roast, air fry, rotisserie, braise, and warm meals.
- The multirack space allows you to cook different foods in one go or do bulk cooking of the same food.
- It comes with nine accessories like an air fryer basket, baking tray, racks, crumb tray, bacon tray, steak tray, rotisserie kit, rack handle, etc.
- The French doors have a single-hand opening system. It protects you from the heat while allowing you to operate the air fryer easily
- It features a high power wattage of 1700 Watts. With a voltage requirement of 120V, it fits well in US homes.
- It is costly
Ultrean Air Fryer Oven
The Ultrean Air fryer is an excellent choice for families with a capacity of 12.5 quarts.
- The parts of the air fryer are made of good-quality stainless steel.
- With a wide range of temperature settings ( 150-400F), it can double up as a toaster oven, air fryer, and Dehydrator.
- The time range is from 0 to 60 mins. It also has eight preset functions you can choose from- chips, ribs, fish, chicken, shrimp, steak, cake, and dehydrator.
- It includes eight accessories including a complete rotisserie kit with a basket, skewer racks, rotisserie fork, retriever, racks, and drip tray.
- Some helpful additional features include auto shut off, reheat, and keep warm
- It has a high power wattage featuring 1700 watts.
- The Air fryer comes with a recipe book featuring 50 recipes.
- The rotating rotisserie basket has a small opening, and cannot be used to place big pieces.
Ninja DZ401 Foodi
The reason this Airfryer features last on my list is due to the size – 10 quart.
Even though it is good for a family of four to five, it cannot cook at one go for large families having more than five people.
- The XL air fryer has two compartments. Each features independent baskets. Each basket has a capacity of five quarts and a separate heating element & fan. This allows you to cook different foods in one go.
- It has six preset programs: Air fry, broil, roast, bake, reheat, and dehydrate.
- The air fryer has good temperature control and features a wide temperature range from 105F to 450F.
- The air fryer is easy to clean and has a premium non-stick layer.
- The Power wattage is 1690 watts, and the electrical socket requirement is 120V, 60Hz. It is suitable to use in American kitchens.
- The air fryer cannot be preheated.
Also read: Best Air Fryer with Racks
I have worked hard to bring the top seven best air fryers for large families together in one list for you.
Even though they are the best, I have mentioned a con with each that stands out in customer reviews. I hope you found this helpful.
I kept in mind certain things while creating the list namely large capacity and size, adequate power wattage, good temperature control, cost-effectiveness, presence of preset functions, cooking comfort, presence of additional features to enhance your cooking experience, and accessories to bring in variety to your cooking styles.
While the first option, namely, the Cosori air fryer toaster oven 12-in-1, is my favorite, do go through the other six for variety. Each one will bring its uniqueness to your kitchen.
For more information regarding the air fryer, click on the product links I have inserted for each.
Choose wisely and choose well. I wish you happy times Air frying!
Other articles you may also like: